The MBW GPX Series Plate Compactors are an economical and highly effective option for soil compaction applications. This series includes the GP12, GP15, and GP18 models, which are highly portable and offer outstanding compaction performance. With amplitudes up to .058 inches, centrifugal force up to 2100 lbf, and travel speed up to 75 feet per minute, these plates are ideal for use in confined areas of granular soils, including sands, bank run, and gravels, and can achieve lift depths of up to 10 inches (25cm).
One of the standout features of the GPX Series is the patent-pending suspension system, which places shock mounts in a predominantly shear mode at the high amplitude front end of the plate and a predominantly compressive mode at the low amplitude trailing end of the plate. This system reduces hand-arm vibration and better isolates all upper mass components, including the engine, from vibrations produced by the machine’s exciter, resulting in a more comfortable and efficient operation.
The GPX Series plates are also lightweight, weighing between 129lbs (59kg) to 174lbs (79kg), and easy to lift and maneuver around the job site. Additionally, these plates feature a one-piece exciter with a self-cleaning open base plate design, and optional accessories such as a lift cage, transport wheel kit, and neoprene paving pad for placing interlocking paving stone, brick, or block.
- Patent-pending suspension system reduces hand-arm vibration
- Amplitudes up to .058 inches, centrifugal force up to 2100 lbf, and travel speed up to 75 feet per minute
- Ideal for confined areas of granular soils and capable of achieving lift depths of up to 10 inches (25cm)
- Lightweight and highly portable
- One-piece exciter with self-cleaning open base plate design
- Optional lift cage, transport wheel kit, and neoprene paving pad available
- GP12 and GP15 models available with GX120 engines, GP18 model comes with a GX160 engine.